ID: 7069795 (Ref.No. hlj_27228)
Posted: September 15, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position supports members of Patient Support Services in the delivery of services to patients and families by carrying out a range of office functions. These include but are not limited to assistance to Patient Support Specialists in tracking, forwarding and informing patients and families of the status of their disability applications; assistance to Tobacco Cessation Specialist in identifying appropriate patients for smoking cessations sessions; assistance to Patient Library staff in planning educational and other events; support and back up for Management Asst in Patient & Family Services so that all orders for social work services are assigned in a timely manner. Support to the Rehab and Nutrition departments will be provided as needed, as well.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Familiarity with office organization protocols and procedures
- High level of problem solving skills, strong communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness required
- Familiarity with medical and business terminology, software programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point required, and data processing exposure preferred
- Assist Patient Support Specialists in responding to inquiries regarding disability claims, patient financial support applications and monitoring status of both.
- Assistant Patient Library staff and volunteers and Tobacco Cessation Specialist.
- Serve as back-up for Patient & Family Services Management Assistant in primary functions. Serves and backup for payroll functions for Patient Support Services Management Assistant.
- Provide phone coverage in Social Work/Chaplaincy office.
- Receive patients, families, vendors and visitors to central office.
- Assist Nutrition and Rehab staff as needed.
- Provide support for special projects within Patient Support Services.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum three years clerical experience in a health care environment.
- Familiarity with medical and business terminology, software programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point required, and data processing preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.