ID: 7069796 (Ref.No. hlj_27236)
Posted: September 15, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Management Assistant – Malignant Hematology
- Based in the Malignant Hematology department, the Management Assistant represents and supports the mission of the Cancer Center & Department, and applies effective organizational & administrative skills to contribute to the efficient operation of the dedicated Department/Program/Service.
- The Management Assistant achieves results by utilizing strong communication skills, both written & verbal, interpersonal skills including teamwork, and technical skills including organization and utilization of competencies in various software products.
- This position requires not only initiative, ownership, and accountability, but also a high degree of independence of action as well as the motivation to provide high quality service.
- Administrative duties & responsibilities
- Program & department support
- Faculty/APP support
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates a high degree of technical competence, intrapersonal skills, attention to detail, independent critical thinking, and decision making;
- Clinical administrative professional with the ability to appropriately coordinate and handle sensitive and confidential information
- Maintain all departmental functions in accordance with established departmental procedures by performing various administrative functions to support the department;
- Open purchase orders (pay for services, materials, lab & office supplies, etc.);
- Prepare and submit expense reports and check requests (internal or external process), coordinate Facilities/IT/Environmental Services/Move requests;
- Generate ad hoc program reporting (i.e. Daily Census Report), maintain non-conflicting Outlook calendar schedules, coordinate the Faculty Leave Request Process;
- Ensure proper pager assign coverage is completed in the internal Employee Directory (SmartWeb), perform Clinic Template Change Requests;
- Record, transcribe, and publish quality meeting minutes;
- Plan & coordinate travel arrangements;
- Perform Physician Time Survey Reconcile, track Faculty PDF account activities, coordinate visits & create itineraries;
- Prepare meeting/event coordination and follow up;
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience required in an office, clerical, or administrative setting; requires knowledge of office processes, workflows, and advanced MS Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work well under stress of deadlines and demands in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be an independent team member that is engaged, proactive, and highly motivated.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.