ID: 7069886 (Ref.No. hlj_27267)
Posted: September 17, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Mathematical Oncology Programmer designs, develops, evaluates, and modifies computer programs for the solution of scientific problems and for the support of research and development in the department of Integrated Mathematical Oncology. This position counts with the general guidance and oversight of the Principal Investigator.
- Programming data into software systems in order to create algorithms to predict the way cancer behaves.
- Experience preferred in coding, testing, and debugging programs in C++, Python, Matlab and Java.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to program code.
- Data analysis.
- Responsible for the dissemination of research results into a format such as a manuscript or abstract under the supervision of the PI.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, field of study: Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Oncology, Evolutionary Biology.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.