ID: 7069897 (Ref.No. hlj_27250)
Posted: September 17, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Patient Contact Communication Center handles a high volume of patient calls, schedules and registers all services for all outpatient visits.
We are currently looking for a Patient Portal Specialist (PPS) to join our team.
- The PPS serves the first level of portal support and resolves technical issues according to defined protocols, following up on requests to ensure that they were resolved, escalating to management when appropriate.
- A successful Patient Portal Specialist strives to assist patients upon first contact and resolve questions regarding the patient's portal account according to organizational guidelines.
- Strong typing and computer skills are also essential, as the Patient Portal Specialist makes record of every call in a database.
- The Patient Portal Specialist must develop and maintain general knowledge of the Cancer Center's organization, programs, and services, and comprehensive knowledge of the patient portal and other online/electronic systems. This is key to efficiently follow written protocols and instructions to correctly manage patient questions and requests.
- The PPS is also responsible for operating a PC-based telephone attendant system (Amcomm) to handle incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls.
- The Patient Portal Specialist is responsible for processing inbound calls, emails, and other forms of request for help and technical assistance from Moffitt patients, referring physicians and family members.
- Duties include handling a wide range of calls and online requests for patients seeking technical assistance and support with Moffitt systems including patient portal accounts, the Moffitt "app", electronic forms, online registration, electronic bill pay and other computer systems.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Comfort with learning new technical applications and working with different computer systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong communication, interpersonal, conflict-management, telephone etiquette, and customer service skills.
- A consistent "TEAM" player attitude.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Must currently be enrolled in post-secondary education program at an accredited university.
- At least six (6) months of related healthcare Patient Access/Revenue Cycle experience (including registration, scheduling, and financial clearance) at Moffitt (or hours equivalent to 6 months' experience for part-time or PRN staff) AND Minimum 18 months' customer service experience (including internal and external experience) required.
- One (1) year of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel) with intermediate proficiency is required.
- Excellent verbal (voice quality, grammar, and articulation) and written (grammar, spelling, accuracy) communication skills and customer service. Accurate data entry skills, including fast and accurate keyboarding (typing) required.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, but to also apply judgment when needed. Strong attention to detail while being able to multi-task and maintain patience and composure (with customer service etiquette) in stressful situations required.
- Comfort with learning new technical applications and working with different computer systems required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong communication, interpersonal, conflict-management, telephone etiquette, and customer service skills. Must consistently be a "team" player.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.