ID: 7069939 (Ref.No. hlj_27322)
Posted: September 18, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is responsible for support services in the delivery of care to operative patients, including transportation, inventory, restocking, administrative support, cleaning and assisting the nurse and patient in the Operating Room (OR).
- Under the supervision of the RN, provides basic patient care to perioperative oncology patients based on identification of the patient's age, physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Student currently enrolled in BSN program from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution (must have completed Nursing Fundamentals course).
- CNA with patient care experience in an acute care setting
- Assists with OR room turnover and facilitates flow of patients and visitors to and from the OR.
- Transports specimens to appropriate Laboratory location(s) and obtains blood from the blood bank as appropriate.
- Maintains inventory of department supplies including restocking OR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED & Florida CNA License
- Active enrollment in BSN program from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution (must have completed Nursing Fundamentals course).
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.