ID: 7070155 (Ref.No. hlj_27393)
Posted: September 22, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Advanced Diagnostics Laboratory Manager provides leadership and oversight of the Advanced Diagnostics Laboratories, as designated by the Administrative Director. Assigned technical sections may include molecular pathology, clinical test development, flow cytometry, HLA, FISH testing and cytogenetics, Specimen Processing and Outreach Services. The manager serves as the resource for coordination of research projects, test validation and clinical test implementation activities involving their designated laboratories. Duties for this position include management and oversight of daily operations, personnel management, budgetary/fiscal responsibilities, research project management, quality assurance and assessment, ensuring regulatory compliance, ensuring accurate design and build of IT processes, and coordination of projects and shared departmental activities. The manager also serves as the laboratory liaison or internal consultant for both inpatient and outpatient areas of the organization and outreach clients; The laboratory manager relies on experience and sound independent judgment to formulate strategic goals and to also resolve day-today operational issues. Emphasis is placed on high quality patient care and customer service, operational efficiency, turnaround times and budget targets.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a Master’s degree in Business or Health Science Administration.
- Possesses registration from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) in Cytogenetics and/or Molecular.
- Has Supervisor’s license in more than one laboratory specialty.
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oversees laboratory technical operations. Manages day-to-day technical operations to ensure projects and test results are completed in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Provides oversight of regulatory and accreditation requirements. Ensures that a comprehensive quality control and quality assurance program is in place to detect and correct errors.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and implements process changes as needed.
- Provides management and supervision of personnel. Identifies the need for new personnel; completes justifications and submits requests for approval.
- Oversees financial operations. Creates business plans and makes recommendations regarding new equipment purchases and test implementations based on financial analysis.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or Medical Technology required.
- Florida supervisor’s license in multiple specialty areas required.
- Minimum of five years relevant clinical laboratory operations experience as a manager or section supervisor is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a clinical laboratory technologist in a relevant specialty, prior to management/supervisory experience is required.
- Specific experience with Laboratory Developed Test (LDT) validation and implementation, IT workflow design and build, and bioinformatics oversight is preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.