ID: 7070392 (Ref.No. hlj_27447)
Posted: September 29, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza (MIP) is a 50,000-square-foot full service outpatient facility designed and equipped to provide the same level of cancer care we provide at our main hospital. Daily patient visits vary between 100 and 150 patients.
- Oncology physician office visits
- Infusion services
- Blood draw area and clinical laboratory
- Radiation therapy
- Radiology (PET, CT, MRI, Chest X-ray)
- Screening Mammography, Diagnostic Mammograms, 3D Mammography & Ultrasounds
- Multi-Disciplinary Thyroid Cancer Assessment
Our Moffitt at MIP location is currently looking for a Clinical Coordination Assistant.
· Request, obtain and organize patient workflow and the records and documents, slides, Films and other pertinent information using technological advances as well as other departments' specific systems.
· Support privacy and confidentiality during management, request and receipt of medical records from patients, facilities, physician offices and other organizations. Manage, maintain and facilitate the flow of patient's medical records.
· Navigate through multiple computer systems and services to manage and facilitate patient record access, flow and receipt. Participate in process improvement activities.
· This position will report to the Administrative Director at Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza (MIP), located at 4101 Jim Walter Blvd. Tampa FL 33607.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following:
o Oncology experience with focus on medical terminology.
o An Associate's Degree in either Business or Healthcare related field.
o Knowledge of Cerner systems or electronic medical record
PATIENT WORKFLOW AND ACCESS
· Navigates through the scheduling system, views scheduling books and prints patient schedules.
· Reviews the patient's itinerary and advises patient or staff of any questions or concerns.
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the scheduling system as it relates to printing, viewing patient data, viewing itinerary, resource view, appointment dates and other pertinent data.
· Reiterates the completion of the Electronic Patient Questionnaire (EPQ) on the Patient Portal and advises them to complete it prior their first scheduled appointment.
· Advises those patients without computers to plan on arriving 1 hour before scheduled appointment to complete the EPQ at the clinic prior to appointment. Coordinates with the primary nurse regarding patient records and can facilitates patient calls to appropriate personnel.
· Contacts/transfers calls to PSS or assigned staff regarding patient scheduling issues, conflicts or changes.
· Checks daily schedules for add-ons and reviews the new patient checklist and manages them as required.
· Completes all reports and assignments regarding checklists and other duties. Navigates through the patient's EMR and relevant systems.
· Works as part of the team to achieve results and shares equally in the department's successes and failures.
· Works effectively and constructively to find mutually beneficial solutions for all concerned parties
MEDICAL RECORDS MANAGEMENT AND PRIVACY
· Manages, maintains and facilitates the flow of patient materials such as Imaging, Laboratory, Pathology, slides and other pertinent patient information for all new patients coming to the clinic.
· Requests and obtains records from facilities, outside services/vendors, outside providers and organizations as needed.
· Tracks the receipt of all records and ensure that they are received prior to their appointment with their Provider.
· Assists with problem solving and collaborates with all staff regarding patient records.
· Faxes, receives, copies and distributes records as needed. Submits record authorizations on behalf of the patients.
· Demonstrates thorough understanding of privacy and confidentiality and adheres to the rules and standards established by the organization.
· Shows a willingness to go beyond scope of job expectations to insure that all customers are served.
· Uses discretion and confidentiality in discussions related to patient, personal or staffing issues.
· Consents to internal/external recording of phone calls for quality assurance and training purposes.
SYSTEMS AND WORK PROCESS
· Processes the records and submits/uploads/scans them into the patient's electronic medical record (EMR) via computer system, scanning, CD upload and other pertinent programs.
· Works with Health Informatics and Imaging support when records fails to upload, trouble shoots systems and communicates in order to manage the patient information and facilitates timely delivery.
· Verifies that all records upload/scan successfully into the EMR and understands the process of image processing, archiving, labeling and sending of images to the Picture Archive Computer System (PACS) Library.
· Understands the process and the importance of correct patient identification, image and record labeling and assignment into the EMR and PACS.
· Works with outside health record management companies to assure that records are received in a timely manner and communicates any delays or missing data prior to the patient's appointment date.
· Navigate the vendor systems to facilitate work flow and access to information. Multi-tasks and accesses multiple systems to enhance workflow and throughput.
· Operates scanning software, CD burning software and other pertinent systems for data management.
· Navigates the patient EMR and other relevant systems as required in completing all daily tasks.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2 years of administrative experience in a hospital or medical setting
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.