ID: 7070401 (Ref.No. hlj_27117)
Posted: September 29, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· Responsible for the management of all clinical and administrative components for Clinical Informatics in assigned areas. Assesses, plans, coordinates, evaluates and manages employees for the key clinical projects associated with clinical systems or other strategies to ensure successful completion. Manages the development, implementation and evaluation of current and future state analyses resulting in operational redesign to optimize workflow by embedding technology into clinical workflow. Responsible for incorporating best clinical practice and regulatory requirements into workflow redesign. Partners with Clinical Informatics Education team to develop solutions for learning needs of end users. Manages complex interactions between clinical applications being implemented and various care processes and workflow. Manages the employees and the day to day operations of the department.
T The Ideal Candidate:
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Provides structure and processes in/for Cl department to guide and oversee key team functions and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates expert use of clinical information systems assures clinical expertise is provided in systems problem solving and development.
- Builds and maintains relationships across departmental lines for the furtherment of business operations and organizational initiatives.
- Leads and supports project teams and committees to plan, coordinate, and implement assigned projects within designated time frames.
- Assumes leadership in the communication of system or workflow process changes, problems and solutions, and modified or new systems functionality inside and outside of the Clinical Informatics department.
- Manages internal Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Informatics, Business or Clinical Healthcare Specialty required.
· Required certifications: Registered Nurse (RN) and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Nursing and/or Clinical Informatics is required.
· A minimum of three (3) years supervisory and/or management experience is required (may be inclusive of overall experience).
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.