ID: 7070406 (Ref.No. hlj_27446)
Posted: September 29, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Systems Engineer II provides daily support in the execution of new design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Moffitt's systems and related infrastructure technology leveraged by Research, Business, and Clinical communities. This position will have a focus on (but not limited to) all aspects of design, implementation, and management of the Center's MS Windows Server platform / OS and virtualization architectures. The Systems Engineer II ensures optimal performance is maintained across Moffitt’s production infrastructure, develops technical standards and operational procedures, and analyzes root causes after critical incidents.
The Ideal Candidate
· Significant and successful experience in designing various IT solutions and implementation. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred, specifically a hospital or hospital system, preferably in a 24x7 environment.
· Preferred experience working in an environment where HIPAA and NIST compliance is in use.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and manage several independent projects simultaneously.
· Implement solutions based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as rectify gaps and pain points within the current state. With a focus on the following areas: MS Windows Server platform / OS, virtualization, and purpose-built appliances/applications administration.
· Provide system maintenance, monitoring, architecting, disaster recovery, business continuity, and problem resolution with a focus on the following areas: MS Windows Server platform / OS, virtualization, and purpose-built appliances/applications administration.
· Participate in the development of technical roadmaps, designs, and testing plans for the introduction of new infrastructure systems/technology and changes to existing infrastructure systems/technology going into production.
· Execute on technical roadmaps, designs, testing plans, and implementation for the introduction of new infrastructure systems/technology and changes to existing infrastructure systems/technology going into production.
· Ensure proper documentation is created to assist in support of all information technology operations.
· Work in collaboration with System Administrators, Sr. Systems Administrators and junior Engineers to configure and install all new systems.
· Perform knowledge transfer sessions and mentor System Administrators, Sr. Systems Administrators, and Junior Engineers for effective and efficient team effort.
Additional Skills required:
Working experience with hardware and software systems, including on-premise and cloud data centers with Cisco UCS, Dell-EMC, DNS, DHCP, Citrix NetScaler, VMware Horizon/ThinApp/Workspace ONE, MS App-V, MS Windows environments is preferred.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree** – Information Systems, Computer Science, Healthcare, or related ** "in lieu of" a bachelor’s degree, please review Experience Minimum Required section below.
* -OR- Associate's degree with an additional four (4) years of relevant technology experience plus the five (5) years (for a total of 9 years) experience may be considered "in lieu" of a bachelor's degree.
* -OR- High School Diploma with an additional five (5) years of relevant technology experience plus the five (5) years (for a total of 10 years) experience may be considered "in lieu" of a bachelor’s degree.
· Minimum of five (5) years proficiency in a systems/infrastructure engineering and/or technical infrastructure support role in Server/ MS Windows OS and virtualization platform administration.
· Experience and demonstrated proficiency of at least two but not limited to the following:
· Systems engineering with Microsoft (Windows Server 2012/2016/2019) operating systems.
· Microsoft SCCM, Organizational Unit (OU) structure, Active Directory group policies (GPO), and file sharing.
· Virtualization platforms such as VMware.
· Citrix NetScaler/load balancing solutions.
· System automation, advanced scripting (VBScript, WinBatch, PowerShell, and Python), server hardening, and implementation of enterprise monitoring tools.
· Cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, IBM Soft Layer, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware vCloud Air.
· Managing enterprise DNS and DHCP environments.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.