ID: 7070775 (Ref.No. hlj_27579)
Posted: October 8, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Scheduling Specialist II for Perioperative Services functions as a facilitator for written and verbal communications regarding scheduling of patient procedures in the OR and other Perioperative areas.
- The Scheduling Specialist II is the primary resource for scheduling clinical outpatients and hospital inpatients for surgery/procedures.
- The Scheduling Specialist II coordinates with anesthesia, OR coordinators, and physician’s offices to complete a daily accurate scheduled.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Associates Degree or some college
- Previous experience in a hospital/clinic/OR setting
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Schedules patients for surgery or procedures in SurgiNet.
- Coordinates scheduling of patient with physicians, peers, other department, patients and families.
- Finalize daily schedule and distributes appropriately.
- Runs reports as directed
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic training in computer skills and demonstration of competencies in Microsoft Word, Outlook Windows, and ability to learn multiple software programs.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.