ID: 7070943 (Ref.No. BSU22740)
Posted: October 13, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the Department of Public Safety; provide support to the Director, Associate Director, and Manager of Parking Services; coordinate all purchasing, accounting, and travel functions for the department.
Job Function:Provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the Department of Public Safety; provide support to the Director, Associate Director, and Manager of Parking Services; coordinate all purchasing, accounting, and travel functions for the department.
Minimum Education:Up to eighteen months of specialized training or education in business-related area or equivalent.
Minimum Experience:Over one through three years of administrative experience; proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred Experience:Additional years of administrative experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative duties for the Department of Public Safety; includes process correspondence; draft correspondence; open and distribute mail; maintain employees' accounts payable and general information files; schedule appointments and maintain calendar for Director.
- Perform online purchasing function for Public Safety and Parking Services; includes generate purchase orders on a daily basis for all equipment and supplies used in Public Safety (guns, ammunition, parking permits, etc.).
- Manage complex payroll function for Public Safety employees (except Parking Services); work with Schedule Manager in Kronos to enter schedules; juggle overtime schedules and understand collective bargaining agreement in scheduling overtime and training; enter EPAFs for all personnel actions.
- Serve as travel coordinator for Public Safety and Parking Services; includes prepare all paperwork for training and travel such as travel authorizations, check requests, cash advances, travel vouchers, expense reports; reconcile travel vouchers; arrange hotel, airline, and car accommodations.
- Serve as liaison with the university and the Muncie community as needed, both in person and on the telephone; communicate public safety policies and procedures with other departments on campus and outside agencies; represent Director as needed.
- Serve as business manager for the Department of Public Safety and Parking Services; includes maintain budgetary records (payables, receivables, JV's, Foundation funds); develop spreadsheets and maintain reports; run financial reports at end of month and track; ensure proper audit trail of all financial transactions.
- Update and maintain databases for network service requests, travel expenses, FP&M work requests, and shipping/return forms; answer questions and explain charges of network service requests.
- Assist with police records management in absence of Records Coordinator; includes create reports, recall information, and prepare reports of activity and computerization of the police records function; supervise students in absence of Records Coordinator.
- Assist in the hiring process of potential police officers; includes print and mail police officer applicants' test information and follow-up letters for each step of the hiring process; contact police officer applicants regarding interview/testing times and locations.
- Plan and organize extracurricular activities such as Citizens Police Academy, COPS Ride, retirement parties, holiday parties; order and deliver food and drinks to officers and Parking Services employees during move-in; drive golf cart at commencement exercises and football games to provide rides as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance as required by this position.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.