ID: 7071304 (Ref.No. hlj_27786)
Posted: October 23, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Manager of Clinical Applications Core oversees all activity related to the assessment, planning, implementation, post-delivery, and direction for clinical charge management, production issue resolution, mobile device management, clinical application integration, custom reporting, and software development for the electronic health record of highly complex/enterprise wide cross functional programs, requests or projects. The incumbent will work closely with key administrative, operational, clinical, surgical, financial, and pharmacy departments and IT functional units to ensure high quality solutions delivery and ongoing support. S/he will serve as an internal consultant to the Cancer Center's management and leadership and actively contribute to the formation and execution of the overall technology vision for Moffitt.
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare IT systems, IT architecture, and systems integration requirements and standards
- Demonstrated personnel management and customer service orientation
- Provides leadership and planning for Clinical Application Core services
- Develop professional development program to help strengthen a team members professional abilities by matching the individual's skills, business interests, and work values with opportunities for growth
- Manage production outages and degradations in service
- Provide direction for custom software development
- Directs, mentors and evaluates the Core team
- Prepares and administers department budget; negotiates contracts with external consultants/vendors.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree – Computer Science or healthcare related field
- Minimum three (3) years leadership experience as a supervisor and/or manager
- Minimum 5 years experience managing service requests, production issues, project tasks in support of clinical applications.
- Minimum 5 years experience working on healthcare ambulatory, clinical, hospital, and/or ancillary solutions.
- Master’s degree – Computer Science or healthcare related field
- Two (2) years of experience in IT managing support of Cerner Millennium CCL, Core, and PowerChart.
Additional Skills/Specialized Training:
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) ability, including interpersonal skills to
- communicate with business and technical users at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to demonstrate collaboration with diverse stake holder groups
- Strong analytical skills; proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Skype, Powerpoint), Access and Visio
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.