ID: 7072213 (Ref.No. hlj_28072)
Posted: November 17, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· The Director, Clinical Trial Budgets and Contracts, leads the office and is responsible for developing and executing all clinical trial contracts, and other types of clinical studies as needed. Developing contracts includes negotiating terms directly with sponsors and encompasses all aspects of the budget and contract including start-up fees, per patient costs, contractual rights, sponsor and institutional obligations, and amendments. The position consults with the Office of General Council on contract terms as necessary. Once terms are agreed upon, the position is responsible for executing the contract agreement and disseminating the contract and related information to various stakeholders directly and also indirectly by updating systems including OnCore. The position also oversees various financial and compliance aspects of the trial with close collaboration to other areas such as billing compliance and adverse event reporting and leads groups to develop and revise billing rates. The leadership role requires significant communications with faculty and collaboration with other administrative and business offices on such topics as collections, study activation, billing, and the relationship of trials and grants. Departments with significant ongoing collaborations include Research Finance, the Clinical Trials Office, Office of Sponsored Research and Revenue Cycle.
T The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Understanding of clinical research operations including familiarity with clinical charging procedures and clinical trial budget and billing processes.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Decision making authority and oversight of Clinical Trial Budget and Negotiations including developing and monitoring rates.
- Directly negotiate or oversee negotiations of clinical trial contract terms with sponsors with decision making and signature authority for clinical study contracts.
- Develops and oversees clinical trial contract policies, analysis, and archiving.
- Oversee research patient billing compliance, with emphasis on adverse event reporting.
- Oversee contract team and works closely with numerous other areas on issues related to clinical trials such as billing, collection, and development of rates.
- Staff Development/HR issues including Team management, mentorship and development of teams, as well as hiring decisions for department.
- Oversees project management within department and in collaboration with other departments including process improvement projects.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree required.
· A minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
· A minimum of seven (7) years of related experience in the following required:
- Knowledge of cancer centers or equivalent large specialized academic institutions.
- In depth experience in operations, including fiscal management.
- Demonstrated experience with fiscal, document and organizational tracking systems.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.