ID: 7072766 (Ref.No. hlj_28236)
Posted: December 3, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Director, IT Planning and Portfolio Management
- Under direction of Senior Director of IT Planning & Services, the Director of IT Planning & Portfolio Management leads all aspects of IT portfolio management, IT strategic planning, IT capacity & demand, and IT governance and intake. This individual drives development of the IT strategic plan, working closely with IT senior leadership and Strategy Office to define multi-year technology and organizational strategies and communicate across all business areas. The incumbent will partner with the key stakeholders, architects, and IT leaders to develop a consolidated IT roadmap, taking into consideration evolving IT capacity and demand, for technology systems including applications, data, shared platform capabilities, Cyber security and infrastructure. In collaboration with the ePMO, responsible for portfolio management of projects across the entire IT department. Assists the CIO and Senior Director, IT Planning & Services with IT governance oversight.
- Partners with the ePMO in the design of departmental intake processes to manage new products and services being brought into the Center or modified in a way that adjusts the makeup of the overall IT portfolio; Oversees portfolio management across all of IT.
- Development and maintenance of consolidated IT roadmap.
- Development and maintenance of IT support plan; Assists the CIO and Senior Director, IT Planning & Services with information technology strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technology projects.
- Oversees IT governance; capacity & demand.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience (IT portfolio management, IT governance, strategic plan development, IT capacity & demand)
- Eight (8) years in progressively responsible technology roles within the healthcare industry is required
- Minimum five (5) years leadership experience as manager, director or above required
- Master’s degree – Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related field
- Three (3) years of healthcare IT management is strongly preferred
- Three (3) years of related experience in an academic/research/Cancer Center environment
Additional Skills/Specialized Training:
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) ability, including interpersonal skills to communicate with business and technical users at all levels, internally and externally
- Demonstrated planning, analysis, administration, and reporting skills
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.