Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7073096 (Ref.No. P0001614)
Posted: December 12, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
10-Irvine Valley College
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in chemistry from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry AND a Master’s degree or higher in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology, or geochemistry from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
• Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Minimum of two semesters of recent experience teaching Introductory Chemistry or Chemistry courses designed for allied health science and non-science majors.
• Evidence of strong commitment to remain current in Chemistry, may include recent research experience.
• Demonstrated skills in communicating effectively, both written and orally, with students and colleagues.
• Evidence of ability to implement innovative, high quality chemistry curriculum for undergraduate courses, may include computer technology in the classroom.
• Evidence of ability to adapt to changes in curriculum and to design new and appropriate laboratory experiments
• History of active leadership and mentorship, either in a collegiate setting or in a professional organization
• Ph.D. in chemistry from a US accredited institution or equivalent is highly desirable.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Minimum of four semesters of recent experience teaching Introductory Chemistry, Chemistry courses designed for allied health science and non-science majors, or General Chemistry to include lecture and laboratory at the college level.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.