ID: 7073140 (Ref.No. hlj_26171)
Posted: December 15, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Director, Digital Business Operations
- The Director for Digital Business Operations is a cross-functional senior leadership and delivery role on the Digital team focused on enhancing business operations strategy by developing real-world modern digital capabilities to support optimization, cost and revenue improvements, enterprise growth, and the Impact 2028 digital roadmap.
- The Director works across leadership and delivery teams to develop the digital framework for business operations and is responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders, software teams, and vendors to ensure well-defined business and technology roadmaps, capability models, and prioritized product backlogs in support of the overall business strategy. The Director leads facilitation of business transformation strategies into real-world solutions including the delivery plan and collaborating on architectural governance and implementation.
- The individual in this role must interact with people from entry level to senior executive leadership; across different levels and roles within the organization. Aligns with Information Technology, Health Data Services, and Digital Innovation in solution development and delivery.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills to communicate with business, clinical, and technical users at all levels, internally and externally.
- Identify opportunities for digital innovation within business operational functions.
- Gather and document technology requirements for digital innovation projects.
- Participate in and lead governance and prioritization activities for digital innovation in Moffitt business operations.
- Oversee build versus buy decisions for digital innovation projects in business areas.
- Lead team that implements roadmap for digital innovation in Moffitt business operations.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Scientific or related
- Minimum ten (10) years technology change management experience in complex environments
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in system analysis, business analysis, and/or application support
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in a healthcare, research, academic, or scientific environment
- Minimum three (3) years progressive management experience in IT and preferably in healthcare
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills to communicate with business, clinical, and technical users at all levels, internally and externally
- Master’s degree – Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Scientific or related
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) or equivalent
- Scrum Master and/or Agile Certified Professional
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.