ID: 7073906 (Ref.No. dfb7b327)
Posted: January 9, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Clinical Research Assistant
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine
A full-time Research Assistant needed to work in the Vascular Medicine Section of Cardiovascular Medicine assisting with the management and implementation of clinical research.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Enrolling and consenting patients for participation in disease registries and other research studies
- Phlebotomy and specimen management
- Conducting baseline and follow-up research visits
- Administering research questionnaires
- Performing study procedures within the scope of training
- Data abstraction and entry
- Conducting literature searches
- Maintaining research regulatory documents
- Completion of IRB documentation
- Other research duties determined by supervising physicians
-On-the-job training in medical research, phlebotomy, and other study procedures
-Exposure to all aspects of clinical research and to non-invasive vascular testing
-Opportunities for co-authorship of publications in peer-reviewed medical journals
-Exposure to the scientific peer-review publishing process
-Opprtunities to see and contribute to research in very rare diseases
-Opportunity to attend academic medical conferences
The ideal candidate will have a strong science background and outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team to achieve research objectives is critical. A minimum one-year commitment is required. This is an excellent position for someone interested in a career in medicine or clinical research.
This position will have a tentative February 2021 start date to accommodate training.
- A Resume/CV.
- A short letter of interest.
- Contact information for three referees.
Scott J. Cameron, M.D., Ph.D.
Section Head of Vascular Medicine
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.