ID: 7074609 (Ref.No. hlj_28938)
Posted: January 29, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Department Administrator – IHM Program Administration
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, “To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remined committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
- The Department Administrator is responsible for directing the clinical and administrative operations of the Internal & Hospital Medicine (IHM) Program. This role will directly oversee Managers, Supervisors, and Management Assistants responsible for the hospital operations. The purpose of the job is to ensure proper integration and interaction between the hospital, clinics, Moffitt Medical Group, and faculty affairs.
- Planning and Marketing
- Financial Management
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to create effective business strategies.
- Strong understanding of physician practice (revenue cycle components, business development) to create new service lines.
- Experience in hospital/in-patient practice management.
- Advanced skills in employee development and performance management, with demonstrated experience managing projects and implementing agreed upon initiative.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the daily operations for in-patient activity, urgent care, and hospitalist service
- Responsible for ensuring that a patient and family centered care approach is integrated into to all service delivery models.
- Ensures that the clinic settings operate within the appropriate regulatory guidelines i.e. CMS, AHCA, Joint Commission, etc.
- Provides leadership in the Center’s Process Excellence efforts, utilizing LEAN strategies to ensure the highest patient satisfaction, operating efficiency, and safe environment.
- Oversees staffing and service contracts related to care delivery.
Recruitment & Retention
- Responsible for collaborating with Strategic Workforce Management for cost effective staff recruitment and employee development.
- Responsible for ensuring that the department adheres to the Moffitt Cancer Center Institutional Policies & Procedures and Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Responsible for developing and implementing hiring and retention strategies in concert with the Department leadership.
- Develops operating and capital forecasting models for the department and practice.
- Works closely with MMG administration and Finance to closely monitor ongoing operating costs.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a clinic or physician practice setting required. Specific hospitalist and/or oncology practice management experience desired.
- Experience in all aspects of departmental administration, strategic planning, forecasting, practice management required.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills required.
- Understanding of the Academic Model of Practice preferred.
- Skills in formulating, revising, and implementing policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize unit environment to provide optimal care to patients.
- Ability to research, analyze, and conceptualize long-term strategic plans.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.