ID: 7076476 (Ref.No. BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/24406)
Posted: March 27, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The CAP INDY Administrative Coordinator, based in Indianapolis, supports the Indy Academic Programs, operations of the Indy location, as well as outreach and engagement activities of CAP INDY. This position will involve working with diverse audiences of students, faculty, university staff and administrators as well as a variety of municipal, community, and professional partners.
Job Function:The CAP INDY Administrative Coordinator, based in Indianapolis, supports the Indy Academic Programs, operations of the Indy location, as well as outreach and engagement activities of CAP INDY. This position will involve working with diverse audiences of students, faculty, university staff and administrators as well as a variety of municipal, community, and professional partners.
Minimum Education:Associate’s degree or equivalent.
Preferred Education:Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Experience:Over one through three years of office administrative, secretarial or related experience.
Preferred Experience:Some familiarity with academic procedures and college calendars; strong communication skills; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. Experience with Microsoft Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as receptionist; includes greet incoming visitors; answer telephones; transfer calls to appropriate contact; monitor calls, etc. Process mail, schedule events and meetings, and coordinate communication among college administration, faculty, and students. Coordinate orders for supplies and maintain supply order records.
- Assist with setting up furnishings, equipment and supplies for events. Order catering services and supplies as needed. Coordinate with property owners for facility needs and repairs.
- Monitor inventory of supplies. Order supplies on bi-weekly basis via SciQuest. Submit payments as needed.
- Coordinate with college departmental administrative coordinators and the college scheduling specialist to maintain class calendar as well as assign rooms and spaces for classes each academic term.
- Access security system and code new access key cards for faculty and students as needed for normal operations of the facility. Maintain an accurate record of users and assigned codes. Collect access key cards from faculty and students after use time elapses.
- Maintain and monitor kitchen for cleanliness and orderly condition on a daily basis; conduct inventory and order kitchen supplies as needed; monitor the contents in the cabinets for proper placement; monitor items in the refrigerator and dispose of outdated items.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Supervise, orient and train, assign and review work of student employees and make recommendations in all areas related to supervisions, including but not limited to interviewing and selection, discipline, and performance evaluations.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.