ID: 7076810 (Ref.No. BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/24546)
Posted: April 8, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Coordinate training opportunities for on-campus employers and student employees and student employment services.
Job Function:Coordinate training opportunities for on-campus employers and student employees and student employment services.
Minimum Education:Associate’s degree or equivalent in business, communications or related field.
Minimum Experience:Over one through three years of experience in customer service, human resources, student services, public relations, or related area; experience with web-based applications and databases.
Preferred Experience:Supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate training sessions for campus supervisors and student employees on student employment issues such as interviewing, hiring, training, performance management, and disciplinary problems; plan and conduct supervisor orientation workshops on practices, policies, and procedures; coordinate outreach to new faculty and administrators regarding student employment policies and procedures.
- Consult with campus departments on employment issues as needed, including
interviewing, reviewing job descriptions, needs assessments, training, and performance management issues.
- Select, train, and supervise student assistants working in the Career Center.
- Coordinate administration of student employment records; includes the creation of paperwork packets; monitoring the Workflow process; scanning and inputting paperwork into Banner Document Management System; filing appropriate documents; shredding documents. Gather related employment and referral statistics and issue monthly reports.
- Maintain student employment policies, procedures, and training materials;
write regular articles for the campus supervisors’ e-newsletter; initiate regular communications with supervisors through e-mail and the University’s Communication Center.
- Coordinate and monitor the student employment referral process; conduct student employment referral appointments.
- Process job postings for on-campus student employment on Cardinal Career Link; assist employers with posting procedures.
- Organize customer service area; maintain desk forms, literature, and office supplies; develop and maintain up-to-date information for customer service reference and training materials.
- Support the culture and mission of the Ball State University Career Center.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.