ID: 7076923 (Ref.No. hlj_30085)
Posted: April 13, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Director Data Engineering and Interoperability
The Director of Data Engineering and Interoperability will provide leadership for the overall architecture, engineering, design, development, implementation, and support of data management, information exchange, and advanced analytics technologies used throughout the institution.
The Ideal Candidate:
Understands the health information technology industry, clinical and research data vocabularies, AWS data pipelines and all transmission protocols.
- Partners with other leaders, both within and outside of IT, to align organizational projects and initiatives with data engineering road maps and plans.
- Responsible for the end-to-end clinical data integration architecture for multiple programs.
- Provides senior level oversight of the IT governance process for Data Engineering.
- Guide design, development, and operations for data pipelines, data marts, operational and research data stores and data integration both on prem and on cloud.
- Develops and implements communication plans to supply leadership, faculty and staff with appropriate information concerning upcoming implementations and initiatives.
- Researches and evaluates broad emerging technology trends and how they impact the technology direction of the Center.
- Provides guidance in the development of service management processes and promotes initiatives throughout the Center that enhance service delivery.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree – IS, Computer Science, Business
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressive experience in enterprise data management, advanced analytics technologies or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years leadership experience as a manager, director or above
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a clinical, healthcare or research environment
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience of working experience in cloud data infrastructure (AWS preferred)
Additional Skills/Specialized Training Required:
- Ability to analyze new technologies and run competitive analyses, including the analysis of purchased systems, hardware and software, or the internal design and development of hardware and software systems.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical, process improvement, workflow modeling, project management, and facilitation skills.
- Hands-on experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.