ID: 7076924 (Ref.No. hlj_30084)
Posted: April 13, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Director of Clinical Research Operations is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of personnel and infrastructure supporting clinical trials operations. This includes direct oversight of the Clinical Trials Office (CTO) operations team.
- With the assistance of CTO management, CTO Director oversees the daily operations of the department.
- Provides fiscal oversight for the applicable CTO departments.
- Responsible for ensuring that the trials operations infrastructure is developed and maintained to support:
- The clinical research activities of the Moffitt faculty and staff;
- Staff and faculty training, education and development, develops direct reports by creating development plans that are aligned with career goas and coaching for improvement;
- Staff recruitment and retention;
- Growth of clinical research with a specific focus on increasing accrual (particularly therapeutic and investigator-initiated accrual);
- Timeliness of the study startup process;
- Quality of clinical research, including fiscal accountability, monitoring, and compliance; and
- Partnership with affiliates and sponsors.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (medical, scientific or business field)
- Masters preferred (clinical or laboratory science, business administration or related field)
- Eight (8) years of clinical research experience
- Five (5) years of supervisory and/or leadership experience
- Knowledge of NCI designated cancer centers or equivalent large specialized institutions
- Current knowledge of best practices in clinical research, including active participation in national organizations, such as AACI CRI, SOCRA, or ACRP
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.