ID: 7077823 (Ref.No. BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/24793)
Posted: May 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
In collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Planning and Management and the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and its leadership staff, support the Office of Admissions and Orientation in meeting its enrollment goals by actively participating in recruitment and yield programming initiatives targeting prospective students.
Job Function:In collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Planning and Management and the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and its leadership staff, support the Office of Admissions and Orientation in meeting its enrollment goals by actively participating in recruitment and yield programming initiatives targeting prospective students.
Minimum Education:Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university by time of appointment.
Preferred Education:Master's degree.
Minimum Experience:At least one year of relevant experience based upon job qualifications and the provided rankings of the required responsibilities.
Preferred Experience:Experience working with and presenting to a diverse student constituency, previous experience in recruitment travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage recruitment territory; extensive travel for approximately ten to twelve weeks; possess working knowledge and familiarity of high schools and guidance counselors in assigned market area to include visit policy, enrollment history (into Ball State), and academic profile of each high school; provide support with targeted recruitment visits to feeder high schools, spring visits to
attract high school juniors, by: making decisions with the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions regarding which schools to visit, making decisions independently regarding timing and scheduling of visits, performing appropriate follow-up, cultivating non-productive high schools, maintaining positive relationships with guidance professionals, and assessing market culture to meet enrollment goals.
- Perform application file review by: exercising autonomy and sound judgment to review applicant files, making admission decisions, and performing appropriate follow-up.
- Represent the university to prospective students, their families, counselors, and other individuals and/or organizations involved with college selection process through group presentations, phone calls, e-mail, and one-on-one meetings; communicate with various audiences; counsel students and families; make decisions about appropriate follow-up; present positive and professional image of Ball State.
- Provide support with coordination and assessment of various admissions programs including on- and off-campus yield receptions, recruitment programs, and various special events (i.e. orientation, diversity, and transfer initiatives).
- Perform other related duties as assigned including working a flexible schedule e.g. weekends, evenings and overnights during travel.
- Participate in projects for specialized areas of interest within the Office of Admissions. Previous examples include: intercollegiate athletics, data research and analysis, supervision of student employees, event planning (on- and off-campus), new staff training, and inventory management.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.