ID: 7078290 (Ref.No. hlj_30366)
Posted: May 11, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Supervisor of PFS Billing
- The Supervisor of Government Billing and A/R will supervise the billing of all hospital-based claims for all lines of business, including commercial, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, VA, HCHCP and Hospice.
- The Supervisor of Government Billing and A/R will provide direction to the billers within the department and is responsible for timely and accurate billing claims submission to responsible third-party payers.
- Responsible for monitoring and development of the Billing staff, assures compliance billing for Medicare, Commercial & Managed Care insurances, monitors edits to help achieve high clean claims ratios.
- Conducts detailed analyses to identify opportunities for improvement and appropriate restructuring of policies, procedures, systems, and workflows to facilitate efficiencies.
- This individual communicates with the Clinical Trail Department when needed for research claims.
- The Supervisor will supervise the Clinical Insurance Biller-Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) with follow up and collection on all patient accounts assisting with submission of BMT Hospital UB04 as well as appropriate 1500 claims and the coordination of payments received from physician services rendered by Moffitt Medical Group (MMG) and coordinate with the nurse to ensure that the charges are billed at the correct stage of the transplant period as well as payer regulations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory exp with billing in a hospital setting.
- Provide support, direction, leadership and motivation to direct reports. Keeps Billing Manager informed of all pertinent issues, processes, issues, improvements, & goals. Ensure compliance in billing practices while obtaining payment for services in the shortest time possible. Evaluation and performance monitoring of department staff
- Provide support, direction, leadership and motivation to direct reports.
- Keep Billing Manager informed of all pertinent issues, processes, issues, improvements, & goals.
- Ensure compliance in billing practices while obtaining payment for services in the shortest time possible
- Evaluation and performance monitoring of department staff.
Credentials and Experience:
- Associates Degree
- -OR- High school diploma and three (3) years of additional relevant professional experience for a total of eight (8) years of relevant professional billing experience will be considered “in lieu” of the Associate’s degree
- Five (5) years demonstrated progressive hospital Billing experience in a health care facility or equivalent. Billing experience includes Governmental and Managed Care Billing or a subject matter expert in Governmental, Managed Care, and Bone Marrow Transplant Billing as well as knowledge of billing software is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory/lead role billing experience in hospital setting (may be inclusive of overall experience).
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.