ID: 7078635 (Ref.No. BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/25009)
Posted: May 18, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
University advocate who facilitates the University’s marketing plans and objectives. Ensures clear articulation of branding, strategic alignment, messaging, and positioning are reflected in the creative execution on all marketing materials. Partners with assigned colleges/units to identify and execute communication strategies targeted to external audiences including prospective students, donors, alumni, and influencers.
Job Function:University advocate who facilitates the University’s marketing plans and objectives. Ensures clear articulation of branding, strategic alignment, messaging, and positioning are reflected in the creative execution on all marketing materials. Partners with assigned colleges/units to identify and execute communication strategies targeted to external audiences including prospective students, donors, alumni, and influencers.
Minimum Education:Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Preferred Education:Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, public relations, communications, or related field.
Minimum Experience:At least two years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, and advertising, copywriting/editing, or related field. Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-profile, time sensitive materials.
Preferred Experience:Three-to-five years of professional experience, including direct client contact in a public relations or advertising agency, not-for-profit organization, or university environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with leadership of assigned University clients to identify external and internal communications needs and to develop strategic marketing and communications plans and programs to meet those needs (aligned with University goals). Serve as primary point of contact in marketing and communications for assigned clients.
- Plan, design, and conduct appropriate primary and secondary research to provide the necessary background for developing communications strategies and tactics, as well as to assess effectiveness of various communications tactics and vehicles.
- Manage, collaborate, and serve on creative teams to develop or provide content simultaneously for multiple clients for appropriate marketing and communications materials, including print and digital publications, direct mail, advertisements, digital marketing, and other electronic media (i.e., video, photo).
- Conceptualize, write, and/or edit (to include original copy, rewriting portions of client-prepared copy, or editing client prepared copy for content, tone, style, grammar, completeness, institutional messages and identify, harmony with communications plan objectives, and state and federal regulatory compliance) copy for a variety of mediums.
- With support of the project teams, oversee production of publications and act to resolve any problems.
- Develop, monitor, and adhere to project production schedules, communicate routinely and thoroughly with manager and clients about work progress, and keep project management system current.
- Serve on the crisis communication team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate, organize, and manage events as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.