ID: 7078817 (Ref.No. hlj_30956)
Posted: May 21, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Clinical Research Unit is looking for an Assistant Patient Care Manager.
- Responsible for overseeing the clinical care performed by assigned nursing staff.
- Day-to-day supervision of nursing operations. Will also mentor and provide support for staff and faculty on research and nursing issues.
- Participates in development and execution of training programs and quality improvement systems.
- Ensures patient-family, quality care for patients enrolled in clinical trial research protocols.
- Supports protocol data integrity by ensuring compliance with protocol required activities.
- Coordinates and may implement patient admissions, assigns patients to care areas and approves the transfer of patients.
- Allocates nursing staff based on patient acuity, staffing standards and expertise of personnel.
- Utilizes LEAN Principles and Process Excellence strategies to maintain the highest level of patient care, efficiency, and patient satisfaction.
- Promotes and monitors the orientation, growth, and development of personnel.
- Assists in clinical decision making by maintaining awareness of new diagnostic and treatment procedures and protocols as well as appropriate resources to obtain current, accurate information.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Graduate of state accredited nursing program BSN (Masters in Nursing preferred)
- Current Florida RN license required
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification, required
- Current provider designation in BCLS, required
- ACLS designation preferred
- Clinical Research certification (e.g. SOCRA, ACRP) desired
- Minimum three (3) years oncology nursing experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred
- Clinical research experience desired
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.