ID: 7079469 (Ref.No. BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/25226)
Posted: June 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provide administrative and organizational support for the Executive Director of the Indiana Communities Institute (ICI) and other professional staff members in the Institute. Assist the Director of Operations with education and training programs and special projects. Manage Institute’s website, design pieces for desktop and web publishing for ICI projects and programs.
Job Function:Provide administrative and organizational support for the Executive Director of the Indiana Communities Institute (ICI) and other professional staff members in the Institute. Assist the Director of Operations with education and training programs and special projects. Manage Institute’s website, design pieces for desktop and web publishing for ICI projects and programs.
Minimum Education:Associate’s degree or equivalent in business administration or related area.
Preferred Education:Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related area.
Minimum Experience:One through three years of experience in office management.
Preferred Experience:Office experience at an executive level; experience working with community leaders; supervisory experience. Familiarity with University Software systems, Argos, Cayuse, Banner, Sitecore
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all office management and clerical duties for the Indiana Communities Institute; process travel authorizations and reimbursements for Institute’s staff; monitor office and project equipment and supplies inventory; purchase supplies for unit and grant projects; process conference and training registrations; maintain strict confidentiality.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director of ICI; drafting of memos, correspondence, reports, and various documents utilizing Microsoft Office; interpret instructions and problems and implement actions according to university and department policies and procedures that support the work of the Institute. Financial summary reports; manage the project close-out process.
- Act as a liaison between the ICI and other university offices (Sponsored Projects Administration, Controller’s Office, Accounting, Travel, Purchasing, etc.); initiate personnel and independent contractor agreements; prepare monthly financial reports (income and expense); process reimbursements for approved grant expenditures; and coordinate the development of contracts.
- Efficiently regulate and maintain the Executive Director's calendars via Outlook; coordinate all appointments, meeting requests and anticipate potential conflicts and make necessary adjustments.
- Working with the Director of Operations promote ICI programs and coordinate the development of participant materials.
- With the Director of Operations, manage ICI’s events; develop and monitor an online registration process; coordinate arrangements for facility usage and audio visual equipment; plan, arrange, and meet event schedules; develop process for registration, communicate with participants including emailing confirmation letters and release of liability forms; prepare participant lists and nametags; collect registration fees; process refunds; and prepare final event report.
- Assist with all education and training programs under ICI, CED Academy, and the Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI) including; material preparation, logistical arrangements, scheduling, tracking progress, and reporting; participate in project work groups and committees. Finalize and prepare financial summary reports, compile and summarize evaluate results and manage the close-out process for each education and training program.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to be on-site for certain program set up, registration, tear down, and troubleshooting problems during the course of conferences/workshops/projects/presentations, etc.
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials including PowerPoint shows, initial research findings and conclusions, printed promotional and program materials; assist in preparation and production of booklets, binders, packets, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Operations and ICI professional staff members; maintain ICI office equipment; order supplies, etc. as needed; utilize on-line purchasing system.
- Provide appropriate follow-up to customer inquiries; determine customer specific project or service needs; provide technical assistance and/or referral to appropriate Ball State unit; respond with input from the Director of Operations.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring assigning work and training students; manage student employees for the CED Academy including assigning of tasks and evaluation of their performance as well as all human resource functions related to those position.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.