ID: 7079475 (Ref.No. BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/25224)
Posted: June 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Evaluate and process all applications for admissions and serve as an applications representative for the Office of Admissions Operations and Technology to prospective students, applicants for admissions, and other stakeholders.
Job Function:Evaluate and process all applications for admissions and serve as an applications representative for the Office of Admissions Operations and Technology to prospective students, applicants for admissions, and other stakeholders.
Minimum Education:Eighteen months of specialized training beyond high school in related area or equivalent.
Preferred Education:Associate degree.
Minimum Experience:Over one through three years of related experience in a professional office setting.
Preferred Experience:Prior Ball State knowledge; experience in admissions-related field; effective oral and written communication skills; proven ability providing excellent customer care; ability to work effectively in a team setting; critical thinking/reasoning skills; ability to work on multiple tasks and set priorities; ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, process, and manage applications received for admission to Ball State University; enter application information; verify/maintain accuracy of applicant information in the student information system and documents loaded into the imaging solution; verify materials for completeness and authenticity; manage missing material information; match application materials to other documents received for the applicant; place applications into review when all required materials are received and verified.
- Process and validate transcript as official or unofficial; verify accreditation; update prior academic history information; verify transcript is loaded into the imaging solution and associated to the correct person.
- Manage documents received daily via manual and automated methods; load these documents into the imaging solution; match documents received with person and applicant information in the student information system; build/maintain applicant information in the student information system.
- Manage and verify test scores received; manually enter test scores received through methods other than official test score files.
- Prepare application decision materials for sending to applicants and verify/maintain the accuracy and completeness; maintain decision history.
- Provide information concerning Ball State University, the application process and admission and admission requirements to prospective students, applicants, enrolling students, various stakeholders, and other educational institution representatives; document these interactions on the student information system record. Provide high level of customer care when communicating with all parties.
- Provide direction and monitor work of student employees.
- Provide assistance to other Ball State departments.
- Provide front-line phone support; includes providing information and referring phone calls to appropriate persons or departments.
- Provide support to others within the Division of Enrollment, Planning, and Management as needed.
- Maintain accuracy of data in multiple systems; verify and validate data entered into these systems; resolve issues encountered.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.