ID: 7079538 (Ref.No. BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/25241)
Posted: June 8, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Perform various receptionist/secretarial/clerical duties; includes assist Burris students, parents, and visitors with various needs and requests.
Job Function:Perform various receptionist/secretarial/clerical duties; includes assist Burris students, parents, and visitors with various needs and requests.
Minimum Education:Eighteen months of education or training beyond high school or equivalent.
Minimum Experience:One through three years of related experience.
Preferred Experience:Three through five years of related experience; proficiency with computer software; familiarity with PowerSchool.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist students, parents, and visitors with various needs and requests; includes answer questions and give directions as needed; oversee registration of all visitors, university students and university employees.
- Answer multiple telephone lines; answer questions or direct calls as needed; take and deliver messages.
- Coordinate and maintain the daily attendance records, letters/notifications to parents, reporting and discipline paperwork; assist the Assistant Principal with monitoring the closed lunch and detention programs; maintain discipline files; change absence codes in PowerSchool.
- Enter school calendar, athletic schedules, field trips and various programs and events in Canvas.
- Maintain master schedule for auditorium, cafeteria, conference room and classrooms after school hours; communicate with Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) custodians on evening and weekend use of the Burris building.
- Manage all facets of student lockers; includes change locker combinations every year; assign lockers to all students in grades 6 -12; maintain accurate records of assignments; assist students with locker problems; request assistance from FP&M in cleaning and repairing lockers.
- Provide secretarial support for two Assistant Principals.
- Cross train and assist with other positions in the office as needed or requested.
- Provide permission letters for students; issue work permits to students.
- Register approximately 650 students during August registration; organize forms and information to distribute; collect and organize enrollment information collected from parents.
- Collect summer school applications; deposit payments; prepare class and attendance lists.
- Handle walk-in copy requests; distribute mail and oversee mailings as requested for supervisor or other administrator.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Enter work requests, capital equipment release/move orders, complete requests for Central Stores, etc. Enter travel authorizations, vehicle requests and bus requests for field trips and athletic events.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.