ID: 7081236 (Ref.No. 21O332236)
Posted: July 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism
- Experience teaching university journalism courses
- Extensive professional experience in newspaper reporting and writing and/or reporting and writing for digital media
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related subject matter
- Extensive professional experience in the sports media – reporting, writing, announcing and/or reporting and writing for digital media
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Extensive professional experience with beat reporting and investigative journalism
COM 270 – Sports Multimedia Reporting Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with sports reporting and multimedia familiarity
About Rider University
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 386 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants
-Names and contact information for three professional references
-Statement of teaching philosophy (300-500 words)
-Rider University is committed to diversity. Please provide a statement of your commitment to diversity.
The completion of a background check is required for all new hires.