ID: 7081325 (Ref.No. 21A350031)
Posted: July 19, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Specifically, the individual will be responsible for:
- maintaining the Dean’s appointment calendar, provide the Dean with necessary information for daily activities;
- serving as point of contact for students, faculty, parents, alumni, donors, and visitors;
- receiving guests and answering phones, exercising excellent communication skills;
- screening all mail: route appropriately, prioritize need for responses from the Dean, prepare correspondence or draft replies as appropriate or requested;
- maintaining and coordinating detailed records of Dean’s business expenditures and invoices;
- arranging travel and/or accommodations for the dean and/or visiting guests;
- managing various list serve and email accounts;
- maintaining communication with faculty, staff, and students regarding deadlines, events, etc.;
- coordinating and/or assisting with events, convocations, meetings, and commencement;
- applying a high degree of secretarial skills, office administration, and knowledge of college polices and personnel;
- as needed, process contracts, memberships, or registration information related to vendors, arts institutions, accrediting agencies, etc.
- maintaining Dean’s files, such as personnel, accreditation documents and communication;
- processing annual Faculty Reports, Dean’s List awardees;
- creating and distributing the “Arts in Action” newsletter.
- work independently and as part of various teams
- meet deadlines; anticipate, organize, and prioritize work
- pay attention to detail and use excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- exhibit calmness and flexibility in responding to the many demands of the position
- exercise good judgment, resolution skills, and strong decision-making – particularly to effectively manage multiple projects
- maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- demonstrate strong professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Associate’s degree
- 3-5 years of secretarial experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and proactively, using strong time management skills
- Excellent typing and grammar, and oral and written communication skills
- Strong public relations skills
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
- Ability to handle challenging situations
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training or experience in an arts discipline
- Ability to take minutes of meetings
- Ability to use Banner and/or Canvas
- Experience with spreadsheets
- Familiarity with higher education environment
About Rider University
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 386 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants