ID: 7081333 (Ref.No. 21A500505)
Posted: July 19, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Rider University Lifting Barriers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYW7gJvc76M
Rider University invites applications for an Assistant Director of Career Development & Success who will partner with the Executive Director of Career Development & Success on strategic planning, goal setting, budget planning and annual reports related to Career Development & Success (CDS) and the Enriched Career Experience (ECE) initiative. This position will focus on the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) and Westminster College of the Arts (WCA) which includes Westminster Choir College and the School of Fine and Performing Arts.
Specifically, the individual will be responsible for:
• providing leadership in developing, coordinating and managing programs, processes and objectives for Career Development & Success and the Enriched Career Experience initiative and an employer relations strategy aligned with CLAS and WCA;
• directing the external relations and recruiting programs with employers seeking to hire talent by proactively developing and implementing strategies designed to increase employment opportunities for Rider students and alumni;
• participating in career development programs coordinated by Career Development & Success including workshops, on campus recruiting, meetings, and other special projects; and
• acting as point person for all Career Development & Success communications.
• Master’s degree in counseling, education, or a related field of study
• Five years of relevant professional experience in career development, professional development, career coaching, human resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong ability to manage productive relationships with multiple stakeholders
• Skilled presenter with strong writing and editing skills
• Strong organization, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop and manage projects and processes
• Some experience in marketing, branding, and communications
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity
• Knowledge of liberal arts, fine arts and music
• Knowledge of science and social sciences disciplines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint & database management
• Ability to work evenings and weekend when needed
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
About Rider University
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 386 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Rider University is committed to diversity. Please provide a statement of your commitment to diversity.
The completion of a background check is required for all new hires.