ID: 7081342 (Ref.No. 21A600063)
Posted: July 19, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Rider University invites applications for an Associate Director of Major Gifts. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, this individual will be responsible for soliciting major gifts for Rider University’s Comprehensive Campaign and top strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of prospects who are contacted throughout the year with the goal of cultivating, soliciting and stewarding philanthropic support.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years of development experience or five years of related sales and marketing experience
• Develop relationships with key alumni, donors, and donor prospects who have the potential to give major gifts to the university
• Knowledge of and experience in fundraising for science, technology and liberal arts
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
• The ability to work independently while functioning as part of the University Advancement team
• A superior ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
• An understanding of information management with proficiency in manipulating, retrieving, and analyzing data from relational database
• Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
• An understanding of confidentiality and ethics
• The ability to travel and work frequent evenings and weekends
• Knowledge of and experience with Raiser’s Edge
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
About Rider University
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 386 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The completion of a background check is required for all new hires.