Westminster College of the Arts (WCA) of Rider University (Lawrenceville, NJ) invites applications for the position of Manager of Academic Operations. Reporting to the WCA Dean, under minimal supervision, this position provides high level and confidential administrative support. This is a full-time, 12-month, non-bargaining position. The position is open until filled, and the successful candidate will start at the earliest possible time.
Under the general direction of the Dean and working closely with the Dean and Associate Dean, this position supports the full dimension of the academic and artistic life of the Westminster College of the Arts and all related administrative matters. This position will provide leadership and assistance with recurring or new WCA academic projects or initiatives, including strategic and operational plans.
Specifically, the individual will:
• Support the Dean and Associate Dean by preparing reports and overseeing various academic operations, and may represent the Associate Dean or Dean as needed.
• Maintain accurate files on academic actions
• Work with the Associate Dean to create and implement departmental workloads, in compliance with the academic governance procedures mandated by the AAUP and AFSCME Agreements
• Work with department chairs to monitor faculty workloads, create semester course schedules, confirm room assignments, and collect information regarding faculty activities and qualifications as they support accreditation and University requirements
• Maintain communication with faculty, staff, and students regarding deadlines for required information
• Assist Conservatory and Continuing Education staff to organize, implement, and advertise interdisciplinary projects, internships for graduate students as teachers in the Conservatory, online initiatives, and connections with FPA and WCA academic departments
• Work with University Communications and Creative Services to ensure the accuracy of the WCA website
• Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate and provide evidence of data collection, technology, and analytical abilities appropriate to the position. Success in the position will require the ability to:
• work independently and as part of various teams
• demonstrate strong time management to meet deadlines and prioritize work
• pay attention to detail and use excellent organizational and analytical skills
• exhibit calmness and flexibility in responding to the many demands of the position
• exercise good judgment and strong decision-making skills – particularly to effectively manage multiple projects
• maintain a professional demeanor at all times
• demonstrate strong professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of (3) three years’ experience in an academic setting, ideally in an arts discipline.
• Advanced skills in computer-based tools such as Office, spreadsheets, data analysis software, and data presentation software. Experience with business software.
• Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills. Demonstrated effectiveness in working with others; in communicating clearly and effectively with a variety of constituents.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit a high level of personal integrity.
• Attention to detail, high level of efficiency and accuracy. Experience working in a multifaceted organization.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
• Master’s degree.
• Experience in gathering, analyzing, and presenting data. Experience in data-based decision process.
• Experience with accreditation and assessment.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in academic administration.
• Experience using campus administrative systems, such as Banner, Canvas, or others.
About Rider University
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 386 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach a letter of interest, résumé, a statement outlining experience with data and assessment processes, a statement describing your commitment to supporting and working with a diverse and inclusive community, and names and contact information for three recent professional references. All materials should be uploaded on the RiderHires site. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please submit all application materials by September 3, 2021.
The completion of a background check is required for all new hires.