ID: 7084330 (Ref.No. hlj_32631)
Posted: August 31, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Patient Experience Supervisor reports to the Manager and provides supervisory oversight to staff responsible for patient experience service and hospitality functions in the hospital, treatment areas, and outpatient clinics.
- The supervisor must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment and overseeing the activities of 8-12 staff members in multiple clinic locations.
- The Patient Experience Supervisor is accountable for maintaining patient and caregiver satisfaction through the supervision of Patient Experience Services team members.
- The Patient Experience Supervisor works with team members, patients and their families to address concerns or special needs that may arise during the course of their time at Moffitt.
- The Supervisor works directly with various members of the healthcare team, hospital departments, and administration to solve problems that patients & families may have, with the goal of facilitating a positive patient experience during their time in the organization.
- The supervisor's overall role is to communicate organizational needs, oversee employees' performance, provide guidance, support, identify development needs, and manage the reciprocal relationship between staff, patients, caregivers, and the organization so that each is successful.
- Assisting as a liaison between internal and external constituents, the individual in this role works to improve department processes and policies in a way that increases both operational efficiencies and patient satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will experience working in a healthcare setting, specifically with Patient Experience or Patient Access
- With managements oversight, provides leadership and supervisory oversight of all operational and performance aspects of each Patient Experience Services department team member through-out the work week and in absence of manager and director.
- Displays problem-solving and critical analysis skills to address operational concerns, safety issues, and team member performance issues. Assists with development and implementation of process improvement initiatives, including operational plans for department and team member performance. Collaborates in short/long term planning projects for the Patient Experience Services team. Gathers information and assists with communications - verbal and written. Identifies opportunities to increase quality, safety, and compliance.
- Serves as designated timekeeper, responsible for supporting all aspects of timekeeping responsibilities. Manages staff levels to ensure efficient operations and appropriate employee utilization.
- Provides initial and on-going team member training. Serves lead educator role and team super-user.
- Collaborates with implementation teams for each phase of technology and process improvements. Commits to the principles of patient and family-centered care. Establishes rapport with patients, caregivers, and family members to learn what is most important to them in their hospital/outpatient experience and their preferences. Responds to and investigates patient, caregiver, family, and team member complaints and concerns. Seeks opportunities to elevate celebrations and successes.
- Works with individuals or departments to limit or resolve delays in service.
- Supervises team member compliance with all job responsibilities and behavioral competencies
- Consults, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, peers, supervisors, and other health care providers in a professional manner to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of patient care. Monitors patient satisfaction survey results and overall patient experience opportunities within assigned location.
- Responsible for participating in the hiring, training, supervision, and support of Patient Experience Services team members and volunteer partners.
- Partners with Patient Experience Department leadership to develop, implement, monitor and administer high-quality customer service systems
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – field of study: Healthcare, Business, Hospitality or other relevant discipline
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s Degree with one additional year of Patient Experience/Patient Access experience for a total of two (2) years may be considered
- One year of experience working in a healthcare setting
- One year of supervisory or project/team lead experience
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.