ID: 7084773 (Ref.No. hlj_32658)
Posted: September 6, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Supervisor, Advanced Practice Professionals – Breast Oncology Department
Based in the Breast Oncology Department the APP Supervisor manages the Breast Oncology Advanced Practice Professionals, including individual physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
In addition, this position serves as an APP, practicing medicine within the scope of authority and privileges granted by Moffitt Cancer Center (MCC). This position provides patient care under the auspices of Moffitt Medical Group, and serves as a member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
- This position oversees Advanced Practice Professional (APP) recruitment, performance, orientation, training, call coverage, time-off requests, and allocation for physician(s).
- Assists Physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission and who takes pride in delivering world class service and patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- Demonstrating a lead-by-example approach, the successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
- May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
- *Note: in addition, this position has dedicated administrative and supervisory duties and responsibilities, and clinical admin time for clinic prep, charting, patient follow-up, etc.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Active BLS
- Minimum two (2) years' experience as an oncology APP (PA-C or APRN) required.
- Minimum one (1) years' experience in specialty required
- Compliant with the use of EHR systems and knowledge of the APP scope of practice guidelines as well as the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, such as leading projects and serving on committees.
- Licensure, certification, registration as an APRN or PA-C and able to practice in the State of Florida.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.