ID: 7084992 (Ref.No. hlj_32655)
Posted: September 9, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Supervisor of Healthcare Process Engineers is responsible for leading Moffitt's dedicated team of Healthcare Process Engineer experts who provide work systems engineering, workflow, and process analysis and synthesis services. This role partners with the PEx Director and leaders across the organization (both operations and shared services) to drive and support the identification of opportunities to improve, simulation modeling, concept and solution scenario development, typically focused on the organization's most critical strategic and operational challenges.
This includes providing stewardship and ongoing support for the organization's cultural maturation in the use of data to develop insights for operational decision making. In addition, this role provides ownership and leads the organization's ongoing use and refinement of productivity and benchmarking tools and methods to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
This role is responsible for coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of highly skill professionals as well as supporting organizational leadership and staff in the maturing of Moffitt's capabilities related to the use of data to drive operational improvement and sustained excellence.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, Operations Research, Business Intelligence, or related field
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence analytic platforms such as Tibbco Spotfire or Oracle OAC
- Experience within the healthcare industry and with clinical applications such as CERNER
- Experience with SQL script development and/or other code based report development
- Examine enterprise complex challenges that exist across the entire system
- Develop innovative technical approaches enabling operational and clinical leaders to meet organizational objectives
- Obtain support and buy in for new methodologies from appropriate stakeholders, clinical and operational leaders
- Equip Healthcare Process Engineers to ensure alignment and consistent application of new methodologies and approaches
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to the PEx Insights Team members
- Ensure appropriate objectives and timelines are met for PEx Insights Team deliverables
- Guide PEx Insights Team members in their consultative support of improvement and operational consultation with advanced analytics and insight support.
- Develop direct reports by understanding their career goals, facilitating career development plans, setting stretch goals, coaching them in improvement areas, and holding them accountable to performance standards
- Complete performance reviews and other supervisor duties
- Lead and guide the design, development, and maturation of tools and methods to track key performance indicators.
- Works in a key partnership with Director of Process Excellence as well as operational and Shared Services Leadership to scope, shape, define, and prioritize the delivery of data analysis/insights to support the organization's strategic goals.
- Promote the use of the resource allocation and forecasting tool within the department (Planview)
- Work with PEx Director to perform periodic job analysis to determine growth needs and/or realign/restructure positions to meet business needs
- Works closely with the PEx Director to identify opportunities for Professional Development and the promotion a healthy and collaborative team environment
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, Operations Research, Business Intelligence, or related field
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of experience in data collection, analysis, monitoring, and reporting
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of experience developing process models (e.g. simulation using discrete event simulation software, capacity, utilization, staffing, queuing etc.)
- Minimum of five (5 years) in the following:
- interacting with leaders to deliver process engineering recommendations and results,
- experience leading, overseeing, or mentoring Healthcare Process Engineers (or closely related position)
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.