Broadview Heights, OH
ID: 7085533 (Ref.No. 138619)
Posted: September 17, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs patient care for patients of all ages and documents patient care as per policy and guidelines.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Provides education and information to patients and family members.
- Provides minor maintenance and restocking of equipment.
- Maintains professional growth and development within nursing field.
- Participates in quality initiative and process.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by JCAHO.
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical Nursing.
- Current Ohio License as an LPN M-IV or LPN Meds certification
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- One year of patient care experience preferred.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good hand-eye coordination, involves extensive standing walking and occasional lifting.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.