ID: 7085541 (Ref.No. 139376)
Posted: September 17, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs routine engineering investigations in support of current research or product development efforts using engineering software analysis tools.
- Prepares design sketches or drawings for components, sub-assemblies, processes or equipment using CAD or 3-D solid modeling software.
- Assists with the design, development, and evaluation of prototype medical devices, equipment, and software.
- Assists with preparation and evaluation of test protocols and test specimens.
- Prepares charts, graphs and other documentation in support of articles for publication, project reports and grant applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Biomedical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biomedical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field required with three years of directly related experience or Master's Degree with one year of experience (Senior Research Engineer level).
Preferred Work Experience:
- Experience designing, assembling, programming, and/or testing wireless devices.
- Ability to work in a milestone-driven research environment with a schedule of deliverables.
- Ability to take leadership of a project and provide day-to-day supervision to trainees and others.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of collaborators including medical personnel and physiologists who do not necessarily have a strong background in engineering.
- Strong experience with documentation and training of others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Matlab, Labview, and/or C++.
- Experience with signal processing methods and statistical data analysis.
- Duties may require some bending, lifting, standing, and sitting for long periods.
- Possible exposure to animal tissue, blood borne pathogens, chemical and biological reagents, and moving mechanical and electrical components.
- Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination also required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: matlab, labview, C++, statistical data analysis
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.