ID: 7085561 (Ref.No. hlj_32852)
Posted: September 17, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Manager, Environmental Services is responsible for planning, budgeting, analyzing processes, and organizing within the department at all Moffitt Cancer Center locations.
The Ideal Candidate:
Would possess Infectious Prevention knowledge, be CHESP certified, strong interpersonal skills and previous hospital or clinical experience.
This position is responsible for quality assurance, management and metrics consistent with industry standards and best practices, and maintains a culture of customer service and satisfaction. This position partners with Infection Control to ensure that environmental surface cleaning and hand hygiene are effective in preventing and managing infection. This position is responsible for compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards, and oversight of 100+ employees, including 6 direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field *
- Minimum of seven (7) years of managerial experience implementing environmental services standards, processes, and regulations set forth by the Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC, DOT, etc. in a hospital setting
- Progressive personnel management; experience hiring, training, coaching, disciplining and resolving issues
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication, judgment and decision-making ability
- Proficient problem-solving, project management, multi-tasking and time-management
- Valid Driver's License and evidence of a good driving record and ability to maintain a good record per Moffitt policy
- Master's degree plus minimum five (5) years of managerial experience implementing environmental services standards, processes, and regulations set forth by the Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC, DOT, etc. in a hospital setting
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP)
- Minimum of five (5) years of managerial experience implementing environmental services standards, processes, and regulations set forth by the Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC, DOT, etc. in a hospital setting
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.