ID: 7086632 (Ref.No. hlj_33008)
Posted: October 6, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Manager of Non-Therapeutic Research Operations is a management position responsible for research support and activation of studies in the Non-Therapeutic Research Office (NTRO). The purpose of this job function is to collaborate well with stakeholders of the office, in addition to the NTRO management and staff teams to ensure timely study activation, create efficiencies, and support the studies under the NTRO. This is an incredibly important role that will require innovation, relationship building, critical thinking, and utilize research knowledge of non-therapeutic studies, which involves work done on the Moffitt campus, in multi-site studies, and studies conducted in the community.
- The ability to be innovative and creative, helping to develop processes that non-therapeutic research will utilize for years to come.
- Working with different stakeholders from around the institution to align practices in non-therapeutic research
- An exciting opportunity to oversee study start up, activation, satellite expansion, multi-site research, and study close out
The Ideal Candidate
- A critical thinker that can piece together potential issues and think about resolutions ahead of time for the staff and faculty
- Someone who is energized by implementing change and contribute innovative ideas.
- Is a team player and enjoys a team-based environment
- Can guide faculty and staff on the appropriate path forward for complex questions concerning how to implement their study at Moffitt
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An individual that has high emotional intelligence
- An individual that has experience in Population Science/non-therapeutic research, both in the Moffitt clinic and/or community settings.
- Work with Management/Leadership team as needed to develop workflows, streamline operations and support staff/faculty
- Oversee a team of activation coordinators and other staff to maximize activation and study start up times
- Develop and over time, sustain/evolve workflows relating to Non-Therapeutic Research activation, study start up, research support for ongoing studies, satellite expansion, multi-site studies, and study close out.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Minimum of 5 years of research experience in clinical research and/or observational based studies with at least 2 years of supervisory and/or leadership experience.
Experience must include coordinating and managing efforts of research staff and closely interacting with internal and external health care personnel (MDs, RNs, PharmDs, etc) to satisfactorily conduct research studies.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures that govern clinical and biorepository research
- Strong knowledge of clinical trial coordination, regulatory compliance, and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Must have the ability to work well under the pressure of meeting mandatory deadlines. Must have good organizations skills and careful attention to detail.
- Must have ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple work assignments across a research team.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a large team; motivate people to achieve excellence; work with multiple faculty and staffing levels and with multiple business units to achieve departmental goals.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to train personnel to implement rigorous research protocols.
- Working knowledge and experience in service costing and financial management for a staff team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent problem-solving skills; proficient computer skills (i.e. Powerpoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to interpret/ translate shared information and communicate to the NTRO leadership
- Able to multi-task and work independently with minimal guidance.
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees.
- Demonstrated experience developing and/or using technical solutions to solve problems and enhance efficiencies.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.