ID: 7086723 (Ref.No. hlj_33183)
Posted: October 7, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Manages the clinical operations of the Respiratory Care Services and the Transport Services to ensure effective quality patient care. Manages clinical operations of Cardiology, Pulmonary, Bronchoscopy and Neurology in the absence of the Cardiopulmonary Director.
- Communicate and enforce values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Establishes respiratory therapy and transport services operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops respiratory therapy and transport services financial strategies and budget by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and the joint commission standards; anticipating emerging issues. Responsible for blood gas lab accreditation.
- Develops respiratory therapy services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Participate in research for respiratory modalities in critical and non-critical care areas by monitoring protocols; helping staff evaluate protocols; analyzing results.
Credentials and certifications:
- BLS- Basic Life Support
- RRT- Registered Respiratory Therapist (FL DOH)
- Preferred- CAP surveyor certification
Type of experience:
- 5 years Respiratory Care experience in a hospital setting; with minimum 3 years critical care
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
- Must maintain active membership in AARC, FSRC, NBRC
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.