ID: 7087137 (Ref.No. 16238490448)
Posted: October 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Designs, implements, and evaluates music therapy interventions to address the biopsychosocial needs of hospitalized patients and families as appropriate, under the Scope of Practice of the Certification Board for Music Therapists, and documents in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Serves as clinical and educational resource for the hospital units and professional community regarding music therapy practice.
- Adheres to general expectations for all employees in order that the program functions in an effective manner to meet the treatment needs of patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, staff, and hospital respecting patients' rights and dignity.
- Assists and participates in research as needed, working with teams to develop research topics and protocols, conducting research, gathering results, and assisting in articles for submission.
- Assists Music Therapy Department as needed to develop and evaluate music therapy programs and initiatives.
- Coordinates music therapy observation experiences, writes reports, and collaborates on other projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or Equivalency) from a program accredited by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA).
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- Master's degree (or Equivalency) can be in Music Therapy from a program accredited by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA); or, if the candidate has a Bachelor's degree (or Equivalency) in Music Therapy from a program accredited by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA), then the Master's Degree can be in a related field (i.e. Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, etc.).
- Music Therapist - Board Certified (MT-BC) or Board Certified eligible from the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT).
- One year of experience providing music therapy services is required. Consideration will be made for time spent in practicum or internship providing music therapy services.
- Three years of experience providing music therapy services, including direct patient work in a hospital or healthcare setting, is preferred.
- Should possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and musical skills.
Position will require some weekends along with M-F schedule.
- Standing and walking at least 75% of the time; sitting less than 25% of the time; hand and finger dexterity and reaching with arms and hands at least 75% of the time, close vision and depth perception at least 75% of the time; hearing and talking more than 80% of the time; and pushing and pulling at least 75% of the time.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: biopsychosocial, musician, therapy, therapist, art, CBMT
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.