ID: 7087144 (Ref.No. 16229674656)
Posted: October 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs pre-analytical processing tasks to make specimens ready for analysis.
- Identifies discrepancies and maintains documentation as necessary.
- Enters test requests or verifies specimen receipt in the appropriate laboratory computer system.
- Enters results for send out tests.
- Monitors computer systems for problems.
- Communicates and documents essential information accurately and in a timely manner to all appropriate personnel.
- Complies with safety procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic biology, chemistry and mathematics (sufficient to measure and calculate metric quantities) normally acquired through high school course work.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Six (6) months of prior patient care experience in a healthcare environment including data entry experience.
- Formal training in basic laboratory functions may substitute for the six months of prior patient care experience
- Manual dexterity to perform specimen handling techniques (i.e. cell washing, pH adjustment) and to make measurements.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Visual acuity, including the ability to distinguish colors.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.