RN Experienced - Medical/Surgical
ID: 7087357 (Ref.No. 131015)
Posted: October 19, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel policies.
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute direct patient care RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.