Oncology Support Line Nurse - AccessHope - Remote
United States, US
ID: 7087860 (Ref.No. 10013967)
Posted: October 26, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionOncology Support Line Nurse
AccessHope • Remote
At AccessHope, we're Fighting cancer with everything we know™ by putting the ever-growing body of cancer knowledge to work for the greater good. Through a revolutionary employer health benefits offering, we remotely connect employees with cancer support services from National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers. Instead of requiring those who have been diagnosed with cancer to come to the centers for renowned cancer expertise, AccessHope brings their support to the patient and their local oncologist-wherever they're located-to improve care, outcomes, and value.
Hopeful for those we support, rebellious in our approach, and collaborative by breaking down barriers, AccessHope is seeking an Oncology Support Line Nurse to help us uniquely deploy the latest cancer knowledge to the places it's needed most. As an ideal candidate, you'll work independently and as part of a team, to provide an experienced, empathetic, and understanding voice over the phone to improve quality of life and outcomes through emotional support, therapeutic communication, and information sharing . Y ou'll be part of the Cancer Support Team and help callers to navigate the complexity of their cancer journey by sharing information with callers about services and resources available to them, their family members, or caretakers, on their specific benefits and healthcare services provided by their employer.
- Delivers the highest caliber of customer service by establishing ongoing communications to support the caller along the cancer journey
- Helps callers understand their type of cancer, diagnostic testing/staging studies, and types of treatment by presenting the information at a level that is understood and helpful
- Helps callers prepare for their appointments with an oncologist
- Highlights important issues (like fertility preservation) and potential issues related to clinical distress that are frequently experienced during a cancer journey, if appropriate, so that callers may ask their clinician questions related to their concerns
- Provides callers trusted informational materials, information about clinical trials, and if applicable with access to interactive webinars on cancer screening, prevention, and treatment
- Documents the interactions with callers per AH standards to ensure and maintain an accurate record of all calls including voice messages
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- 3+ years of clinical oncology nursing experience
- Current licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Master's in Nursing
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification
- Telephonic Nursing Support, Triage Nursing, Telehealth Nursing, fluent in Spanish (speak, read, write)
AccessHope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Oct 25, 2021
- Job Field: Allied Health
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.