SPVR HIM OPERATIONS INTEGRITY
ID: 7087874 (Ref.No. hlj_33619)
Posted: October 26, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Supervisor HIM Operations Integrity
- The HIM Operations Integrity Supervisor position will be responsible for supervising the Release of Information (ROI), Documentation Integrity Services including Documentation Integrity QC, Coding Support staff and Provider Database Analyst.
- The Supervisor is an expert in the release of medical record processes for Moffitt Cancer Center (MCC) and ensures these processes are adherent to Federal, State, and Regulatory agencies, and Moffitt Cancer Center policies.
- The Supervisor is responsible for the team that preforms Quality Control of all documentation and Coding Support which handles and processes the required queries in order for a chart to be properly coded.
- The Supervisor is well diverse is all HIM areas and has an extensive background in process improvement, project management and has a detailed understanding of Moffitt's Policies and adheres to Federal, State, and Regulatory agencies requirements.
- Oversee the selection of staff that has qualifications and experience to perform an assigned job. Orienting and mentoring staff to assure high levels of performance. Assure all are trained in HIPAA, Security and or acclimated to the HIM Department and Moffitt rules and regulations.
- Monitors turnaround times for release of information to ensure legal compliance with state and Federal mandates governing the release of information time frames. Monitors Release of Information Customer Service Representatives and Release of Information Technicians (processors) to ensure the highest level of customer service in accordance with AIDET and PROMISE.
- Interacts with systems support staff to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems related to HIM Operations Systems. Builds and maintains inter- and intra-departmental work relationships that support the department, and assure optimal operations.
- Ensures coding queries are sent and responded to by providers in a timely manner to support coding. Oversees the completion of all provider documentation and ensure the predetermined requirements are being met to help reduce the DNFC (Discharged not final coded) while aligning with departmental standards of production and quality.
- Oversees the completion of all provider documentation to ensure Joint Commission standards and requirements are being met, while aligning with institutional policy and procedures.
- Oversees the maintains the accuracy of database entries for internal and external physicians. Interfaces with the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office to ensure that new residents and fellows are entered into systems as appropriate and exiting house staff are decommissioned. Interfaces with the Medical Staff office / credentialing team to ensure new providers and departing providers are entered into the appropriate systems
Credentials and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree – field of study: Business, Health Information Management
- three (3) years’ experience in Health Information Medical records department sub-areas and/or supporting departments with ROI knowledge/Scanning/Deficiency and Documentation Integrity knowledge required.
- ******In lieu of an Associate’s Degree: a High School diploma and five (5) years of additional relevant Health Information Medical records department sub-areas and/or supporting departments with ROI knowledge/Scanning/Deficiency and Documentation Integrity knowledge plus the three (3) years of Health Information Medical records experience required (for a total of eight (8) years) of Health Information Medical records department experience will be considered
- PLUS - minimum of three (3) years or more of customer service experience interacting with consumers both in-person and/or via electronic communication is required (prefer experience in healthcare office setting interacting with patients and providers). *** (Any one of the preferred certifications (RHIT/CHPS/RHIA) may be considered equivalent to two (2) years of the customer service experience)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a Project/Team Lead, Supervisory and/or leadership role within a business and/or financial analysis department is required (may be inclusive of overall experience)
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.