ID: 7088059 (Ref.No. 2592944)
Posted: October 28, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1603157
Location: CA 94556, CA
Closing: 11/21/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,500 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
- Saint Mary's College invites applications for a full-time exempt Admissions Officer to recruit undergraduate students and to work in the College's Admissions Office.
- Work in a highly collaborative and culturally diverse campus environment. Effectively communicate with a diverse community of faculty, staff, students, alumni and donors. The succesful candidate will be expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions this position is responsible for participating in an office-wide effort to recruit undergraduate students; creating a recruitment plan for assigned territory based on past performance as well as future goals.
- Represents Saint Mary's College by preparing and giving presentations to prospective students and their families; informs prospective students of the college selection, admissions process, academic programs and financial aid opportunities.
- Manages a recruitment territory and travels (6-8 weeks).
- Evaluates admission applications and makes admission recommendations.
- Maintains contact with applicants throughout our admissions process; builds and maintains strong relationships with high school counselors.
- Participates in planning, implementing and evaluating the general activities of the admission office, such as student appointments/interviews, on campus events, tele-recruiting and application processing and review; responsible for specific projects which may include one or more of the following: coordinates an extensive network of student volunteers; coordinates with academic department chairs to communicate with admitted students; manages tele-recruiting efforts for student Ambassadors and admission officers; other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required; outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to actively participate as a member of a team of professionals; high level of initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled and willingness to contribute to the total recruitment effort; excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate the unique mission of a Catholic liberal arts college; experience in multi-cultural environments highly desirable; a positive attitude.
- Datatel Colleague experience highly desirable; must be able to travel for extended periods of time and to work some evenings and weekends; must have personal vehicle; a valid driver's license required.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Your application is considered complete if you include the following:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the Mission of the College
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references
- Consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, see the website here http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.