Clinical Receptionist Secretary / Patient Access Representative
Oklahoma City, OK
ID: 7088620 (Ref.No. 2619422)
Posted: November 8, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Come be apart of DISCOVERY driven research!
Minimum salary starting at $15/hr. and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous retirement program, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, onsite cafe, free fitness center, free parking and much more!
OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy.
OMRF's excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Greets and registers incoming patients to the MS Clinic, collects patient data, enters demographic and insurance information with a high degree of accuracy. Confirms and schedules appointments, collects co-payments, and verifies insurance.
• Open and close the clinic
• Answer and correctly route all incoming calls and respond appropriately to inquiries and requests for information
• Greet patients and other individuals with clinic business. Direct patients and/or visitors to various clinic areas. Assure cleanliness and organization of waiting room.
• Enter patient information on all new patients as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, charges incurred, insurance, etc.
• Maintain patient charts and medical records. Ensure completion of and obtain signatures on all necessary forms and documents required by clinic and by law. Photocopy medical records and send out when authorized.
• Consistently obtain and copy/scan insurance cards and drivers licenses
• Utilize online programs to verify insurance eligibility and benefits, documenting findings on the patient account. Contact insurance companies for pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as required prior to patient receiving services.
• Review insurance verification and advise patient of third party benefits. Explain third party and self-pay portion of bills to patients and/or guarantor.
• Collect copayment. Communicate in a professional manner to patients regarding all outstanding balances. Evaluate financial status of patient’s accounts, initiate and make payment arrangements, and maintain a continuous follow up process on all accounts to minimize loss in revenue.
• Log cash collected, generate receipts, and maintain balanced cash at all times
• Gather and route billing information appropriately and manage billing work queues and inquiries
• Maintain clinic schedule including setting patient appointments, confirming appointments with reminder calls, and amending provider schedules according to availability
• Prepare and send general correspondence and patient letters as directed by providers and/or clinic manager
• Receive and distribute mail
• Schedule referrals as directed by the providers to other physicians and/or ancillary services
• Monitor office supplies in work area to ensure adequate inventory level and advise supervisor of malfunctioning office equipment
• Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position
High school diploma or GED
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1333/receptionist-secretary/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.