Musical Theatre Director Part-time Instructor Pool
Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7089077 (Ref.No. scj-10043)
Posted: November 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSummary Description:
Musical Theatre Director for Spring Musical (Rehearsal and Performance)
Theatre Arts (Dist-PTF-056)
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Commensurate with education.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct Musical Theatre production as assigned. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program and in-service activities. Assignments may include day, evening, and/or weekend courses.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s or MFA degree or higher in drama/theatre arts/performance from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s or BFA degree in drama/theatre arts/performance AND a Master’s degree in comparative literature, English, communication studies, speech, literature, or humanities from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials).
MFA with a concentration in Directing and significant musical theatre directing.
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.